Job Title: Tower Project Engineer Wind Energy (m/f/d)
Firma : UL
UL is a global company with 125 years of expertise in the Testing, Inspection and Certification Business.
Facilitating customer access to the global marketplace - our division Energy and Power Technologies delivers UL’s established reputation for integrity to safety product testing and certification services to support the development and asset management of critical infrastructure for electricity (conventional or renewable). UL wind services help mitigate the risks and navigate the complexities of offshore and onshore wind installations and assist stakeholders in identifying the critical aspects related to wind farm projects.
Click the following link for more information about the UL Energy Business - Wind Services.
In order to consolidate our business and continue our successful journey we are currently looking for a
Tower Engineer for Wind Turbines (m/f/d)
Location: Bremen, Germany
The role: You will use your expertise on the design calculations for approval of towers, foundations and steel structures to complement the evaluation of wind turbines before enter the market. Additionally, you will inspect customer factories to witness the correct implementation of specific tower designs. Structural analysis according to international guidelines will be the main technical aspects of the job
Your key responsibilities:
- Structural evaluation of wind turbine towers (steel, concrete, lattice and hybrid towers) and foundations according to latest standards like IEC, GL, DIBt, etc
- Modelling and simulating structures and assess them by Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Structural integrity analysis of tower components (Flanges, Door frame, Welds, Bolts)
- Load comparison/application for structural integrity, fatigue and buckling analysis
- Offshore wind turbines substructure evaluation (foundation)
- Inspection of tower manufacturing facilities for compliance with the latest standards (GL, IEC)
- Technical communication with OEMs regarding certification of wind turbines towers and foundations and ensuring on time delivery to clients
Your profile and qualifications:
- a degree from a technical university with a civil background (or relevant) and focus structural analysis
- First experience in wind energy is complemented by basic knowledge in the use of numerical applications (e.g. FEM or analytical analysis)
- You should have at least five years of experience in FEA calculations, structural steel materials, concrete towers and foundations, wind energy or similar
- Knowledge on structural analysis and fatigue
- Experience in commercialized numerical simulation tools (example ANSYS or similar) is desirable
- Hands-on experience on manufacturing processes involving steel structure fabrication and welding is a desirable advantage, but not a requirement
- Languages: fluency in English and a basic command of German
- willingness to travel globally
As a part of an international certification body you should be a well-organized worker, responsible and a team player. The working group you will join is multi-cultured with colleagues of different engineering professions and working experiences
We offer an interesting job in an experienced, highly motivated international team. The working group (a team of around 50 colleagues) you will join is multi-cultural with colleagues of different engineering professions and working experiences. You will gain vast experience in wind energy technology and you will be in contact with our customers worldwide. We offer you the opportunity to develop in a growing business with the possibility to take on additional responsibilities, like Project Management. You will be based in the center of technology development in a challenging job with one of the global players in the Testing, Inspection and Certification business.
You’ve learned about us – now we would like to learn more about you! Apply now online with your CV and motivation letter.
If you have any questions, you can call SArah Au under +49 69 48 98 10 135