Job Title: Load Engineer (m/f/d)
Firma : UL
UL is a global company with 125 years of expertise in the Testing, Inspection and Certification Business.
Facilitating customer access to the global marketplace - our division Energy and Power Technologies delivers UL’s established reputation for integrity to safety product testing and certification services to support the development and asset management of critical infrastructure for electricity (conventional or renewable). UL wind services help mitigate the risks and navigate the complexities of offshore and onshore wind installations and assist stakeholders in identifying the critical aspects related to wind farm projects.
Click the following link for more information about the UL Energy Business - Wind Services.
In order to consolidate our business and continue our successful journey we are currently looking for a
Loads Engineer for Wind Turbines (m/f/d)
Location: Bremen, Germany
You will use your expertise in the approval of design load calculations for onshore and offshore wind turbines. Further you will support our team for the certification of control and safety systems, state of art and innovative wind turbine designs. Aero-elastic calculations, structural dynamics, vibration and dynamic controls will be one important technical aspects of your job.
- project execution and the customer communication
- close cooperation with the global team
- Integration of continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job
- Technical review of the documentation from clients
- Optimization of work processes
- Evaluation of the load assumptions according to the international standards like IEC 61400-1
- Verification of the load assumptions with software like Flex5, Bladed or Samcef
Profile and qualifications:
- a degree from a technical university with focus on mechanical or dynamic systems
- at least three years of experience in the area of wind turbine load simulation and experience with the use of the common IEC standards for wind turbines Experience in commercialized numerical simulation tools is desirable
- Languages: fluency in English and a basic command of German
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Customer focus, commitment and independent work
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to work in a fast paced consultancy environment
- Experience in the continuous development of work processes (Lean Six Sigma) is desirable
As a part of an international certification body you should be a well-organized worker, responsible and a team player. The working group you will join is multi-cultured with colleagues of different engineering professions and working experiences
What we are offering:
We offer an interesting job in an experienced, highly motivated international team. The working group (a team of around 50 colleagues) you will join is multi-cultural with colleagues of different engineering professions and working experiences. You will gain vast experience in wind energy technology and you will be in contact with our customers worldwide. We offer you the opportunity to develop in a growing business with the possibility to take on additional responsibilities, like Project Management. You will be based in the center of technology development in a challenging job with one of the global players in the Testing, Inspection and Certification business.
You’ve learned about us – now we would like to learn more about you! Apply now online with your CV as we are eager to soon be able to welcome you to our TEAM!
If you have any questions, you can call Sarah Au under +49 69 48 98 10 135