Job Title: Data Center Services Specialist
Firma : By Light Professional IT Services
As a Data Center Services Specialist, you will be responsible for resolving HPE hardware and software infrastructure (servers, network, security, etc.) issues using systems analysis techniques and procedures in support of HPE customer’s data centers in Clay Kaserne, Germany.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and 401(k) match.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves issues within IT infrastructure including HPE systems, servers, storage and networking.
- Understanding of a Data Center IT Operations environment and the knowledge to use software tools to perform day-to-day functions and troubleshooting.
- Able to perform high volume/low impact tasks in an efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Provide break/fix support including component replacement, hardware troubleshooting, and operating system installation.
- Able to proficiently perform data center support tasks with little guidance.
- Demonstrate hands-on practical knowledge of systems and policies.
- Operational management tasks including, working to resolve escalations, and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of datacenter support activities.
- 3–5 years of technical experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, two additional years of relevant professional experience (5-7 years in total).
- Must be familiar with using different computer applications and be able to navigate software tools as required by task at hand.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires good understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job.
- Must maintain successful communication and working relationship with management & peers of all levels.
- Must be organized and able to document daily activities.
- Experience working with IT customers within the Department of Defense.
- Experience with pallet jack and data center server lifting tools is a plus.
- Linux, Virtualization and Windows Server experience a plus.
- TS/SCI with CI Polygraph required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to operate manual and power hand tools.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities