Job Title: Software Developer (m/w) Web/Mobile/Cloud
Firma : DNV GL
DNV GL’s Ship Development Germany group is seeking an experienced Software Developer to further strengthen our maritime software business.
The position entails design and architecture decisions, programming, testing and documenting the work. Implementation technologies feature Visual Studio, C# and .NET, VSTS, etc.
This position is based in our Rostock office.
- A state of the art Office in Rostock with water view
- A professional Team of IT Development and IT/Support Specialists
- Impressive working conditions and many volunteering contributions
- Training and education within your area of expertise
- A career path within our organization.
As a part of a motivated team you will:
- Design and implement solutions based on Azure cloud platform
- Collaborate with architects, software engineers, product owner and customers
- Develop web and mobile applications with a strong focus on user experience
- Identify and assess state-of-the-art software components
- Identify and build tools for managing cloud infrastructure, deploy and scale applications, ensure a secure computing environment.
- Writing web applications according to HTML5 standard
- Ability to engage in business and technical groups in discussion of software development
- Very good English, both written and spoken
- Ability to travel
- Hands-on experience in implementing web applications
- Programming in C# or a comparable language
- Hands-on experience in architecting and designing web and/or mobile applications
- Hands-on experience in scaling and deploying web and/or mobile applications
- Experience with JS frameworks, e.g. Vue.js, Aurelia, jQuery
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with Microsoft frameworks/development stack, e.g. .NET, ASP.NET, VSTS, Azure DevOps
Nice to have:
- Experience with distributed computing and leveraging multi-threading
- Experience with Messaging services
- Experience with cloud tools for provisioning, deployment, load-balancing, auto-scaling, monitoring, cost optimization
- Experience in UX.
Please be informed you may be requested to provide DNV GL additional documents for a background check.
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more.
Our open industry platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!