Job Title: Systems Engineer II
Firma : Vykin Corporation
Vykin Corporation is currently looking for an experienced Secret cleared Systems Engineer II to join our team in Ramstein,Germany. We are a small defense contracting company that is veteran owned servicing the US Department of Defense. The successful candidate will receive competitive wages, health plans and the opportunity to join a small company that still believes every employee counts.
The Systems Engineer will be familiar with Information Technology (IT) concepts, practices and procedures and work with customer counterparts to provide the following services:
- Collaborate with the Government and commercial vendors to design, install, configure and troubleshoot communication networks.
- Evaluate projected network usage and assist in developing hardware/software solutions.
- Analyze network requirements and conduct risk analyses.
- Assist in exercise communication and network planning.
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Minimum IAT Level II certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three (3) years of recent specialized experience; OR, an Associate’s degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of recent specialized experience; OR, a major certification with a minimum of seven (7) years of specialized experience; OR, a minimum of 11 years of recent specialized experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
- Familiarity with DoD or Air Force environment desired.
- Familiarity with Air Force Instructions (17 and 33 series) desired.
- The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The work location is a government facility located on a military installation in Ramstein, Germany supporting a DoD customer. The successful applicant will be working for and reporting directly to the prime contractor or the DoD customer as appropriate.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
Vykin Corporation is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, HIV-positive status, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful and all persons involved in the operations of the company are prohibited from engaging in this type of conduct.