Job Title: Systems Administrator
Firma : Vykin Corporation
Vykin Corporation is currently looking for an experienced Secret cleared Systems Administrator to join our team in Ramstein,Germany. We are a small defense contracting company that is veteran owned servicing the US Department of Defense. The successful candidate will receive competitive wages, health plans and the opportunity to join a small company that still believes every employee counts.
The Systems Administrator will be familiar with Information Technology (IT) concepts, practices and procedures and work with customer counterparts to provide the following services:
- Performance Management Services:
- Provide Performance Management services IAW AFI 33-115V1, such as: trend analysis, predictive modeling and use of other diagnostic tools.
- Collect data to develop and report metrics that are approved by Air Force/DoD customers.
- Provide input to monthly network services outage report that should include network service outages, their duration, number of users impacted, etc.
- Provide real-time system operational statistics for proactive management of network services.
- Configuration Management:
- Fault Management
- Monitor and respond to Fault Monitoring Management services.
- Collect data by monitoring and analysis of network behavior and report such data as required by Air Force/DoD customers.
- Provide monthly input to the Network Services Outage Report.
- Air Force Unique IT Systems Support
- Assist the government in the performance of system administration and database configuration control and documentation support for customer support for unique systems.
- Provide hardware maintenance of unique systems.
- Execute technology insertion and system refresh required for unique systems as determined by the Government.
- System Administration:
- Provide SA for systems, servers, workstations, peripherals, communications devices and software are on-line and supported.
- Have a thorough understanding of customer''s mission needs and be completely knowledgeable of hardware and software capabilities and limitations supporting that functional system.
- Comply with established policies, directives, and guidelines.
- Perform the responsibilities delegated by the network operations center and network control center to optimize performance and quality of service.
- Ensure servers, workstations, peripherals, communications devices and operating system/application software are properly configured for network operation, are on-line and are available to customers.
- Assign and maintain user IDs and passwords. Administer user privileges on the system.
- Perform routine system maintenance.
- Work with the network operations center and network control center to implement network security policies and procedures.
- Implement software patches and security fixes as required by the network operations and security center or program management office.
- Test and validate the proper operation and configuration with appropriate patches and fixes, as required above, prior to restoring any device to the network.
- Ensure physical security of Information Network components.
- Monitor difficulty reports, heads-up messages and system advisory notices.
- Fault Management
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Minimum IAT Level II certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three (3) years of recent specialized experience; OR, an Associate’s degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of recent specialized experience; OR, a major certification with a minimum of seven (7) years of specialized experience; OR, a minimum of 11 years of recent specialized experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
- Familiarity with DoD or Air Force environment desired.
- Familiarity with Air Force Instructions (17 and 33 series) desired, especially 33-115v1.
- The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The work location is a government facility located on a military installation in Ramstein, Germany supporting a DoD customer. The successful applicant will be working for and reporting directly to the prime contractor or the DoD customer as appropriate.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
Vykin Corporation is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, HIV-positive status, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful and all persons involved in the operations of the company are prohibited from engaging in this type of conduct.