Job Title: Customer Technical Support Representative
Firma : Vykin Corporation
Vykin Corporation is currently looking for an experienced Secret cleared Customer Technical Support Representative to join our team in Spangdahlem, Germany. We are a small defense contracting company that is veteran owned servicing the US Department of Defense. The successful candidate will receive competitive wages, health plans and the opportunity to join a small company that still believes every employee counts.
The Customer Technical Support Representative will be familiar with Information Technology (IT) concepts, practices and procedures and work with customer counterparts to provide the following services:
- Help Desk – Provide network assistance and technical support to resolve user problems, service requests, communications, computer, voice, network faults and outages. Provide network assistance and trouble resolution based on a fully integrated trouble ticketing system (Remedy) that will automatically assign priorities and set response times and escalation timelines based on the criticality of the system being reported on.
- Use the local help desk ticket system and associated databases to enter, document, track, coordinate, route, resolve, and close user ticket issues.
- Provide the ability to run Ad Hoc queries against the central repository for trouble ticket tracking/status to provide better customer support.
- Resolve customers’ administrative and technical communications problems.
- Perform the installation of equipment, connection of peripherals and the installing/deleting of client level software and ensure all documentation is in accordance with established policies, guidance and directives.
- Provide soft application assistance.
- Implement client workstation software patches, security fixes and service releases according to local network operations center and network control center instructions. Manage and establish network user accounts.
- Create and maintain a central repository for technical advice and solutions for network systems, software applications assistance, automatic data processing support, hardware exchange, and repair service support.
- Provide the government with metrics including: statistics of calls received, number of trouble tickets submitted, average resolution time, priority, listing of technical bulletins and information guides issued and trend analysis information and other information as requested.
- Propose criteria to define the priority of problems for example, routine through critical (VIP and work stoppage) and submit a table with the definition of the priority categories with a resolution timeline.
- Account Management:
- Perform voice, data, video account creation and deletion, and modification service to installation users.
- Provide means and or direction for users to unlock Common Access Cards (CAC).
- Voice, Video and Video Devices:
- Perform client-level information technology support function, voice network and Personal Wireless Communication Systems (PWCS).
- Manage hardware and software Controlled Cryptographic Information (CCI).
- Perform configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Provide service to end-users for operation, restoration and configuration of information systems.
- Implement installation and maintenance functions associated with edge device systems such as key and intercom systems, copper core and fiber-optic intra-building wiring, fiber-optic end equipment, modems and associated hardware.
- Personal Wireless Communications Systems (PWCS):
- Track, distribute, maintain, train and replace all mobile devices for Air Force and DoD. Mobile device distribution should be limited IAW local policy and funding.
- Provide the maximum mobile device support possible to customers for mobile device services based on different levels of service and prioritization within the levels of service.
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Minimum IAT Level II certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimumof three (3) years of recent specialized experience; OR, an Associate’s degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of recent specialized experience; OR, a major certification with a minimum of seven (7) years of specialized experience; OR, 11 years of recent specialized experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
- Familiarity with DoD or Air Force environment desired.
- Familiarity with Air Force Instructions (17 and 33 series) desired, especially AFI 33-112.
- The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The work location is a government facility located on a military installation in Spangdahlem, Germany supporting a DoD customer. The successful applicant will be working for and reporting directly to the prime contractor or the DoD customer as appropriate.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
Vykin Corporation is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, HIV-positive status, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful and all persons involved in the operations of the company are prohibited from engaging in this type of conduct.