Job Title: Practice Lead Technology Services
Firma : Wood
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. Represented by Amec Foster Wheeler E & I GmbH in Germany, Wood employs over 40 employees across four offices.
Our key activities lie in Engineering, EHS Consulting and Infrastructure and focus on servicing the supply chains of our clients in industrial, chemical, pharmaceutical, infrastructure, energy and mining sectors as well as clients in the public domain.
It is our aspiration to offer technically outstanding solutions through dedicated teams and to be a service provider who enjoys a high level of trust among its customers, who is a reliable employer and who values investors as partners.
For our in office in Kaiserslautern we are currently seeking a Practice Lead for Technology Services.
As the lead of our technology services team, your main focus will be on the conception of individual software solutions in the web and mobile service area. Requests from clients and internal teams will be analysed by you and solutions created and designed.
Within an international team you will lead and shape our technology services practice area. Your main activities will include:
- Liaising with our clients in this practice area;
- Developing project ideas and individual solution designs;
- Leading an agile development team;
- You will take on the conceptual responsibility for the development of solutions in the area of web and mobile applications;
- Working with our other practice areas leads you will develop data management solutions for each practice area;
- You will develop your team and our client base.
- You have a degree in economic studies, applied technologies or natural sciences;
- You have a sound knowledge of software engineering and object oriented design;
- You enjoy developing new ideas and having contact with clients;
- You enjoy problem solving and an afinity with IT, you are a dedicated team player and have a readiness to learn;
- You bring excellent analytical capabilities and an ability to familiarize yourself quickly with existing software structures and new topics;
- You are well versed in geographical information systems (GIS) and web mapping;
- You show good time management and self-discipline and wish to develop your career by becoming a team leader;
- You can also demonstrate very good spoken and written language skills in German and English.
You can expect:
- An innovative and professional working environment with a low profile heirarchy and open doors in an international team
- A high level of freedom in decision-making regarding development tools and implementation of software solutions.
- Varying and challenging activities;
- Flexible working hours;
- Freedom to work independently and an employee orientated company culture;
- Long-term prospects with interesting conditions and development possibilities in an expanding company;
- An attractive working area in a pleasant and modern atmosphere at our office in Kaiserslautern.
If you enjoy problem solving, working independently with a high degree of freedom and are interested in a dynamic job with an attractive salary, we would love to hear from you.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.