Job Title: Advanced Procurement Specialist (m/f/d)
Firma : Dematic
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services, and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic is currently looking for an Advanced Procurement Specialist to join our winning team in Heusenstamm. The Advance Procurement Specialist is accountable for faciliating new product launch (Purchase Part Activity Matrix (PPAM) process across the necessary global manufacturing locations, delivering design to cost (DTC) savings opportunities and managing the deliverables for engineering prototype requirements. Key responsibilities require critical collaboration efforts with multi-department cross-functional teams. In addition, he or she will support the strategic purchasing regional commodity leader and global commodity manager to develop a robust procurement strategy for local sourcing pipeline, specific to prototype needs. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who is looking to grow in the procurement specialty, who has the fundamentals and experience in sourcing material for medium to large-scale organizations, and is looking for challenges in a dynamic industry.
- Facilitate new product implementation (PPAM) process
- Maintain close coordination with Research and Development engineering and product managers as it relates to new product discussions, ensuring early involvement (DTC) during the engineering design phase and then to lead DTC workshops with cross functional teams.
- Initiate, evaluate and communicate product cost analysis involving data transparency to total cost of ownership together with VAVE engineer
- Collaborate with a wide variety of global functional areas (such as R&D, engineering, manufacturing, quality and operations) to support strategic procurement initiatives
- Support and help drive cost savings initiates with VA/VE Engineers and Global Category Managers
- Pursuant of new technologies; as it relates to products, materials, equipment, processes, etc.
- Support the development and maintain a procurement strategy for product needs relating to prototype programs
- Drive process/policy compliance and perform work in accordance with the KION Group principles & guidelines.
Job Family Responsibilities:
- Performs complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users, getting prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits.
- Resolves complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices.
- Updates project plans and purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases.
- Negotiates prices, terms and quality requirements; prepares requests for quotes and assists in the development of new supply sources; evaluates market conditions.
- Performs value analysis to identify cost improvements.
Other Key Tasks:
- Performs full range of standard work for the professional field.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to others.
- Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- 4-year degree from an accreditied university required (, technical or engineering preferred)
- 4-7 years of experience in similiar role and industry.
- Strong capabilities in SAP, Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Prefer Lean or Six Sigma cerifications; equivalent company training programs may also be considered
- Exposure to DTC or VA/VE methodology and program management including knowledge of best practices in strategy deployment, project execution and business case analysis
- Proven skills with project management tools and methodologies, product development lifecycle, and problem solving
- Experience in working with teams to identify wastes within processes and developing plans and execution strategies and schedules to reduce waste
- Experience in working with external raw material, component, or finished goods suppliers
- Ability to lead, facilitate, and influence change in the face of complexity
- Collaborative and effective team player with ability to work with teams who are globally dispersed
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; demonstrates innovation and creativity
- Excellent social, leadership and communication skills. Convincing, Leading, influencing and working through others
- Driven and motivated to get results with self-leadership; takes initiative; follows through on deliverables
- High standard of personal and professional integrity
- Fluent in German and English
- Able to plan, set priorities, organize, and coordinate work with and through others.