Job Title: Legal Counsel Germany and Austria
Firma : Exide Technologies
- Identify legal risks and advise the impacts on the business in the industrial and transportation battery markets.
- Draft and review international and national contracts.
- Responsible for the observance of laws with respect to commercial agreements, Germany company secretarial and environmental laws.
- To provide legal advice to internal and external clients in the region.
- To manage all general legal work covering a broad range of international files.
- Collaborate effectively with the US Corporate legal department and European Legal team members.
- Internal Reporting as required by the EU and US Corporate legal department and local business divisions.
- Draft and review international and national contracts in both English and German. Requires ability to interact with all operating departments of the business to spot legal issues and provide effective legal advice on a variety of legal matters in Germany.
- Manage all Corporate Secretarial duties relating to the German legal entities.
- Manage all litigations in Germany, manage outside legal counsel and resolve litigation while minimizing public and monetary exposure.
- Support global compliance programs and procedures, including regulatory compliance area such as environmental, competition, export, anti-bribery (and others as indicated).
- Investigate claims and complaints by or against the company by conducting interviews, preparing reports and/or opinions based on findings.
- Comply with reporting requirements to functional and operational Management and maintain the effective implication of the legal team in all aspects of the business.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of German and EU law in areas of special interest to the company, especially EHS regulatory expertise, commercial transactions and product liability.
- Required: German law degree from an accredited Germany university.
- Preferred: Appropriate Germany law degree and Common law postgraduate qualification.
Skills and Experience:
- At least five (5) years prior employment in an international industrial Company.
- At least two years in a reputable law firm.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and German, knowledge of other European languages an advantage.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong people skills and the ability both to lead and serve as a member of teams are required
- Good work ethics
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Deals well and tactfully with people from all cultures and with Management at all levels.
- Can handle complexity of the work under pressure and meet deadlines while implementing creative solutions
- Detailed analytical skills
- Discretion is essential due to the confidential and sensitive nature of the work
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant''s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.