Job Title: Solar (Photovoltaic) Senior Engineer in Germany (Hamburg/Oldenburg)
Firma : DNV GL
DNV GL is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated solar (photovoltaic) expert to join our team in Germany (Hamburg or Oldenburg). The position is a full-time position that reports to the Head of Section, Renewables Advisory Germany (RAG), at the Oldenburg office.
As an independent advisor, the Senior Solar Engineer will spend most of the time conducting direct project work for clients, but also substantially conduct business development and sales tasks.
In particular, the Senior Solar Engineer will be leading the solar independent engineering business in Germany, but as part of an international group of solar experts dealing with these services for solar plants the Senior Solar Engineer will also work and support projects in other countries (mainly Europe and CIS states).
- Team Lead: The Senior Solar Engineer will support the Head of Section RAG by leading and building up the solar team located in the German offices.
- Project Manager: The Senior Solar Engineer will be responsible for managing teams of engineers and budgets during the execution of independent engineering services for solar projects. The role will require the preparation and delivery of presentations, as well as direct contact with the customers.
- Direct project work: As part of the daily work, it is expected that the Solar Engineer will be involved in technical advisory tasks which may include project analysis, energy assessment, technology and design review, project contracts analysis and project finance understanding.
- Commercial/BD/Sales: The Solar Engineer will provide support to the Head of Section RAG on tracking business opportunities, market intelligence, develop services according to industry needs and develop and maintain the required network of contacts. Establish customer relationships that are long-term with a focus on repeat business. Participate in industry events and ensure that the company and service offerings are well-known and well-respected in the solar industry. A good knowledge and overview of the PV market in Germany in the non-residential, multi-MW class is expected.
- Support on operational services to PV plants: It will be positively valued the capability to support the analysis of operational projects through data analytics with skills and knowledge to determine project performance trends and component behavior as well as site inspections for root cause analysis.
5+ years of professional experience in the solar sector (preferable in consultancy or engineering companies; non-residential sector; Europe and CIS markets).
Strong affinity to business development and sales tasks with good knowledge and overview of the PV market in Germany in the non-residential, multi-MW class.
- Experience in technical due diligence processes which may include but is not limited to: site assessment, system design, energy estimates, equipment selection, contracts review and project finance.
- Experience on project acceptance tests and commissioning procedures (equipment test data review).
- Familiarity with typical equipment for site inspections (thermographic cameras, I-V curve tracers).
Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails.
German and English skills: business-fluent, other languages a plus factor.
Willingness to travel across the country and internationally.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Familiarity with PVsyst as well as other energy simulation software.
Bachelor’s degree required in Electrical Engineering or similar; Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge/experience in commercial Energy Storage Systems (ESS) a plus factor.
For this position, DNV GL offers a number of benefits to include e.g. flexible work time, up to four days of home office per month, Company Pension Insurance Scheme and subsidies to canteen costs and local public transport.
Please be informed you may be requested to provide DNV GL additional documents for a background check.
Please submit your CV in English.
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!