Job Title: Veterinary Pathologist
Firma : Covance
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide
support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are recruiting a further Veterinary Pathologist for our local Pathology team, comprised of two pathologists and pathology assistants. Our site in Münster, Germany, is internationally recognized for its scientific and operational excellence in primate toxicology testing.
This is a permanent, full time position, with opportunity for growth and development, reporting to the Scientific Director, Global Pathology (Head of Pathology).
About the Job
Within this position, your duties will include:
- Perform the microscopic evaluation and interpretation of tissue sections from animals exposed to test materials and correlate these findings with necropsy, organ weight and clinical pathology findings.
- Author comprehensive pathology narrative reports of microscopic, gross, and clinical pathology findings, while meeting report deadlines.
- Provide pathology support in the interpretation of chemical or drug-related toxicology findings in safety studies.
- Conduct formal peer reviews and review pathology narratives for scientific content and quality.
- Supervise necropsies (typically at client’s request) and provide scientific guidance to necropsy technicians to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols and SOP’s.
- Communicate the significance of pathologic findings to study directors, clients and other individuals.
- Ensure close interaction, collaboration and communication within the Global Pathology Organization.
- Promote the scientific excellence of the Covance Münster Site via publications as well as participation and presentations at international scientific meetings.
Additionally, you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong background in Toxicologic Pathology with 4 years of related experience.
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical drug development industry.
- Stature and expertise to provide consultancy for key clients.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with pathology electronic data capture and reporting systems.
- Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to colleagues and technicians, and to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols, SOP’s and client expectations of quality histotechnology.
- Sound knowledge of Animal Protection Law, GLPs and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English (both verbal and in writing). Fluency in German would be a plus.
- Limited travel within EU and to USA to Covance sites, conferences and client visits.
Covance offers a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory pension. For eligible veterinary pathologists, support to pass the ECVP or ACVP examination is part of our development program. Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
If you are interested in this position, please directly contact:
Dr. Annette Romeike
Scientific Director, Global Pathology
Head of Pathology Münster
- Veterinary degree.
- Formal pathology residency or graduate studies (i.e. MS, PhD) at an institution in which training of veterinary pathologists is a primary function.
- National certification for veterinary pathology (Fachtierarzt für Pathologie, FRCPath, or Board certification by ECVP or ACVP), or eligibility.
To be successful in this position, you will possess a Veterinary degree and Certification in Veterinary Pathology. A Board certification by the European or American College of Veterinary Pathologists or eligibility to sit the exam would be a plus. Support to sit the ECVP or ACVP examination is part of our development program.
We will consider candidates who have completed a residency in Anatomic Pathology and who have an interest in toxicological pathology.