Job Title: Software Engineer PowerBuilder/C#
Firma : DNV GL
We are looking for committed developers to grow our existing team in the maritime software business in Rostock. Our innovative fleet management solutions consist of the reputable product lines ShipManager and Navigator. Serving the who''s who of the world-wide shipping industry, our products are employed on more than 4,000 vessels.
If you enjoy to create solutions or optimize existing processes inside highly interlinked software modules, aiming to create business value for our customers, if you always strive to deliver the highest quality with a keen eye for detail and deliver the committed results, have the creative open mind facility to consider dependencies and contribute to problem-solving inside an agile software developing team, then we have a great opportunity to welcome you on board as a Software Developer.
Position and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate in a very dedicated team to deliver high quality products in time
- Take responsibility for a very good team work and actively improve effective working environments
- Create innovative solutions and processes to complex issues
- Create/build GUIs, write object oriented scripts and create database queries
- Code, document and test enhancements to our software against customer requirements
- Support and collaborate with other units/departments to solve customer issues
- Actively contribute to all agile development phases from requirement analysis to delivery
- Take part in bringing our existing product modules forward and be part of our evolution to our next generation product offering
- Qualified IT specialist/software developer with very high motivation and ability to work independently;
or: Bachelor or Master degree and practical programming experience is of advantage
- Graduation in computer science, business informatics, applied informatics or similar
- Very good understanding of software engineering principles and common/ best practices in handling data within applications
- Well-founded understanding of object oriented programming and modelling and databases
- Ability to learn and understand a very complex, long developed and maintained application of 15+ years
- Hands-on experience in programming with one or more of the following:
- Programming an imperative and/or object oriented programming language, preferably PowerBuilder (PowerScript)
- Developing data driven applications using SQL Databases, preferably with SQL Anywhere and/or Oracle
- Skills in complex database queries (SQL), data manipulation (DML) and triggers/procedures (PL/SQL)
- Programming C# (.NET) applications is of advantage
- Good English and very good German language skills, both oral and written
- Very good communication skills
- Very good team player
What we offer:
- 39hrs working week with 30 days leave entitlement
- Company pension scheme and disability insurance
- Diverse perspective in an international company operating in over 100 countries
Please be informed you may be requested to provide DNV GL with additional documents for a background check.
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more.
Our open industry platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.