Job Title: Director - Consulting Services, Germany
Firma : Red Hat
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Create and communicate solutions to business problems using a combination of Red Hat Consulting services, Red Hat partners, and Red Hat’s offerings. The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Director of consulting services to join us in Germany. In this role, you will work closely with other regional sales managers to strategically position the Red Hat Consulting team using a solutions-led sales model. You''ll help implement strategies across the region in collaboration with service delivery managers and architects through joint account planning with presales and account executives. As a Director, you will also own regional profit and loss (P&L), have revenue, bookings, margin, and utilization goals across all practices, and be responsible for all projects and resources under management.
- Support the Sales team and work with Sales management to ensure financial targets are achieved including subscriptions for Red Hat’s offerings
- Work with regional Sales management, Services management, and architects to define and agree on a strategy for business development and growth
- Establish and maintain good relationships with key customers by building deep knowledge of customer business priorities, challenges, and initiatives
- Implement and carry out strategic goals like account focus, system integrator (SI) and partner collaboration, multi-product strategy, and related offerings
- Lead services opportunities, ensure proper scoping for services solutions, and manage and supervise deliveries
- Handle rates, project costs, and terms and conditions of work and contracts, as well as other commercial factors
- Support and promote accurate revenue recognition and provide regular financial reports with forecasting for revenue and bookings
- Ensure that common and consistent operational standards and procedures are in place and enforced; review and improve them as needed to optimize workflow and organization for efficiency and scalability
- Monitor and track the quality of service for external and internal customers
- Maintain a hiring plan for the fiscal year with the Services management and make sure open positions are filled on time
- Set up and maintain a capacity plan for skills needed; develop the team''s skills and partner network to ensure high quality support for business needs and for existing and upcoming technologies
- Support and promote knowledge sharing and related initiatives
- Establish and maintain good relationships with key customers in your area like partners, SIs, and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs); establish and expand the partner network for services deliveries for infrastructure, cloud, and middleware
- Develop and improve joint go-to-market strategies with key partners and relevant SIs for your region; work to align the strategy with internal Red Hat partners and SI-facing teams
- Solid record of cross-functional leadership in the Germany, Austria, and Switzerland (DACH) region
- Demonstrated experience developing a business team or organization and managing within a matrix environment
- Deep understanding of the software business professional services model with the ability to operate in a rapid growth environment
- Ability to handle sensitive, one-on-one conversations with tact and communicate sensitive or controversial messages effectively
- Sensitive to internal and external communications with an understanding of the relationship between consulting and other organizations like sales, engineering, or support
- Comfortable guiding and conducting presentations, whether customer-facing, for general public consumption, or for internal audiences
- Effective communication skills while maintaining the Red Hat messaging and perspective
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.